NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: MFN going subscription

By Gustoon - League Admin
2/17/2024 12:34 pm
mmr253 wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
This is totally fucked .
I now have people trying to join the league but I can’t approve them and they are disappearing without being able to join.
I’m fairly close to just walking from this now.

What pisses me off the most about this is that there was no notice or anything, boom here it is.

This is ridiculous and a sure fire way to send the game into a downward spiral.
The subscriptions don't kick in until the current season is over for "normal" players so why are league admins being treated differently.

As far as this league goes I'll see out the season but then I'm likely out as I've another league I've been in longer that i'd want to to stay in as my free league.

As it stands now if I want to admin more than one league I will have to pay $15 per month which isn’t fair at all

2/22/2024 5:43 am
Gustoon wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
8 right now …

https://victory.myfootballnow.com/

Get your team , sort out the roster the way you want it , after you’re done I will reset the cap.
All teams set to zero cap right now .

We are now haemorrhaging owners faster than I can recruit . Most opting for one free for life team .
Imho this has not been thought out well.
Either pay up or mfn will cease to exist.

9 teams now available

https://victory.myfootballnow.com/

I’m afraid the writing is on the wall now. This league will only survive now with new players coming into mfn

By billstein
2/22/2024 6:30 pm
I'm afraid that the future of all leagues is now dependent on who can attract owners.
Who can offer more than the other leagues.
Only two things I can think of will makes leagues more attractive. Longevity, and number of active owners.
Any league that looks like it's dying on the "open league" screen, (or whatever the name of the screen is where you choose a new league to join), will be destined for the boneyard.

2/25/2024 11:57 am
Yep, I’m afraid you’re right. I’ve been running this one for quite a while now when the other owner vanished. My other league I’ve been running for about 4 years now but both are suffering in the exact same way.
This game is now fully dependent on new blood walking in. Without it every league will suffer and have AI run teams

3/04/2024 10:43 am
So the one place where we could talk about the new changes to the game et cetera and a few players decided to take personal attacks to a whole new level has now got the thread closed. Honestly, the amount of morons that have come to MFN and then disappeared as quickly as they came..
They ended up causing all this trouble and then disappear.

29th Feb update .

3/29/2024 6:28 am
We now have 17 unowned teams right now , while that may not look encouraging, this league still has more than others .
We now only need 7 teams to spin , so we are all ok , of course more owners would help .
They WILL come as other leagues fold or owners look for a more active and stable league .
Please hang in there , they will come .
As always I’ll keep the AI teams in check

By billstein
3/30/2024 12:31 am
Keep on it Gus.
When I resurrected a league a while ago, I got in touch with other admins and made deals to have my members join their league, if they sent members to my league. No promise to be active, just keep the league alive.
Sure, only subscribers can do it now, but I'd help any league willing to help us.
Maybe others can too.
Last edited at 3/30/2024 12:31 am

3/30/2024 1:02 am
The problem, I see it with MFN now is that a lot of players are just sticking to the free format for the time being at least. Many of them are unwilling to pay for what they see is a broken game, which I completely understand and I’m kind of in that bracket myself,

So for the time being people are only running with one team and some are stronger than others, so, as that happens, folks will be looking for different leagues, which is why I’m keen to keep this one going despite the fact it looks like it’s on its knees right now .