NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: MFN going subscription

By Gustoon - League Admin
2/12/2024 6:33 pm
https://nfl.myfootballnow.com/community/1/7576?page=1#45704

I had no idea
Last edited at 2/12/2024 6:33 pm

By billstein
2/13/2024 2:11 am
I think we're going to lose a considerable number of owners to start.

The positives, however, might outweigh the negatives, if development accelerates in the right directions.

I've always thought this game was very similar to the original Madden game from 30 years ago. That game already had "create a play", where you could design your own plays. 30 years ago.

The biggest problem with MFN, IMO, is exploits.

The ability to design your own play is the "free market" solution. Someone uses an "unbeatable" play... you can be damned sure someone will design a play to stop it.

Whenever I took a break from the game, it was due to frustration over exploits. We might just see owners coming back, once exploits can be beaten without a new version.

2/13/2024 4:24 am
Just my 2 cents.

There are two types of player who play this game, one who enjoys football and just wants to keep playing the game, the other is someone that enjoys playing computer games and must win at all costs. Unfortunately, the latter has pretty much ruined the game in many aspects And as such has made quite a few good players leave the game it seems permanently. Which is a shame.

I’m not quite sure what direction J DB is going to take the game, but for now I will stick around.

I know that running a site like this can cost money to do so, and in these hard economic times that many are facing. I guess that he is also feeling the strain. I know that he has been after a partner to help out with development and costs for quite a while so I’m guessing this is his solution.

While looking at the packages that are available, they do seem cheap enough, but probably like many of you, I subscribe to many things and this would be just another subscription. It doesn’t matter how much it is it all adds up in the end. Probably like many here on this free version is exactly why we are still here, money is extremely tight for me at the moment, and as little, as this is, I wouldn’t be able to justify paying another subscription . I have a number of credits in my account and I’m not sure what will happen when they run out as I operate two leagues .

If anyone is thinking about quitting, please drop me a DM. Hopefully this does not ruin the game and force it to close down, I have my reservations though

By IoanBlood
2/13/2024 5:22 am
I have 6 - 7 months out of my credits. If there is no road map and no visible improvement in known bugs or in general by then, I will leave the game with a heavy heart.

By billstein
2/13/2024 6:51 am
I somewhat agree.
I hope this means the game will improve quicker.
I'm shying away from the annual fee for fear that everyone leaves, and JDB decides to let it go.

2/14/2024 1:31 am
Sorry to say but I will no longer be running any leagues now.
It appears that as a league owner the only way I can run it is with a pro package which on an annual subscription is $8:73 per month . Not a great deal but when all these subscriptions add up , it is.

I cannot accept new owners or edit the league . So basically the league has no one in charge as of now.

2/14/2024 5:45 am
This is totally fucked .
I now have people trying to join the league but I can’t approve them and they are disappearing without being able to join.
I’m fairly close to just walking from this now.

What pisses me off the most about this is that there was no notice or anything, boom here it is.

By mmr253
2/14/2024 10:37 am
Gustoon wrote:
This is totally fucked .
I now have people trying to join the league but I can’t approve them and they are disappearing without being able to join.
I’m fairly close to just walking from this now.

What pisses me off the most about this is that there was no notice or anything, boom here it is.

This is ridiculous and a sure fire way to send the game into a downward spiral.
The subscriptions don't kick in until the current season is over for "normal" players so why are league admins being treated differently.

As far as this league goes I'll see out the season but then I'm likely out as I've another league I've been in longer that i'd want to to stay in as my free league.

By martinwarnett
2/17/2024 12:13 pm
I need to decide if I stay in this league or MFN-1, as can only afford free package.

2/17/2024 12:31 pm
Hey Guys , just do what you need to do. Unfortunately a lot of people are now having to make choices .
Of course there is a way around this , which I won’t mention as it’s ’not Allowed’ but I’m sure people will now be creating more accounts