NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Possible new ‘Free’ League?

By Gustoon - League Admin
3/20/2024 1:30 am
As many of you know (and I know many of you from old) I’ve been doing this a number of years now.

I have an admission to make , I suffer (occasionally) with PTSD and this silly little game helps me out a little bit, unless I start losing ;) So selfishly it’s in my interest to keep at least one of my leagues going ….

Anyway , I now only run two leagues :
NFL LEAGUE
VICTORY LEAGUE
but both are now missing new owners despite me making the teams easier to manage with zero cap , recruitment is now near impossible and with many players deciding to choose only one team , understandably.

Which brings me to this ….

If I can construct a new league and amalgamate both leagues into one, would you want to do it ?

As it stands now , the NFL league is going to be my primary as I’ve owned longer than the victory league which I inherited.

Of course I could just keep running the NFL league with (hopefully) victory players filling in the NFL league gaps .

Thoughts ?

Re: Possible new ‘Free’ League?

By Vikings_Fan
3/20/2024 10:54 pm
First and foremost, Gus, the MFN community at large respects the example you have set as a long standing League Administrator. Fair, honest, and transparent. Where you lead, others will follow.

It seems to me that it might be difficult to combine the two leagues as things stand right now as there are more team owners between the two leagues than there are vacant teams even when accounting for team owners that have teams in both leagues. That may change, of course, as the leagues turn over to new seasons and some team owners abandon teams.

As to the issue of starting a new league, if Victory Football League were to lapse for lack of team owners, count me in as someone who would join a new league that you administer.

3/21/2024 11:53 am
As always I really appreciate the kind words :)

As it stands now, we have 12 vacancies in the victory league right now and I’m expecting some players to not return and go down the free 1 team route .

The same could very well happen in the nfl league as well, so there is a possibility that both leagues could combine .

I’ve had feedback in the NFL league as well, doing an allocation draft might not go down well as it takes so long to do, so we have to go down the route of just concentrating on one league , IF that should happen

Moving forward

3/25/2024 3:01 am
I just want to reassure everybody that I am still administrator for this league. As has been pointed out my team has now gone to AI, this isn’t my choice, but a situation that I now find myself in.

I’m finding things extremely tough at the moment financially And I’m unable to commit to a membership for MFN. As a family we already subscribe to the usual channels like everybody else does and I cannot justify and explain to other people in the family that there will be one rule for me and another for them.

Please rest assured that I will do my upmost to fill the league with new players, I will keep resetting the AI teams cap space so they can resign players will be it on awful contracts! And they will also be active in free agency.

If any of you want your cat space reset please drop me a DM with your team name and I will get it done for you , this is going to be open all season long so this isn’t a one off thing. I want the players in this league to have a good chance of creating a healthy team which will create a healthy league.

If anyone has any questions please fire away , thank you for your continued support

By mmr253
3/25/2024 4:26 am
I'm going down the one team route so have given up on the Browns here but I'll be keeping the Falcons going in the NFL League and I really hope that league gets enough owners to keep it viable.

Your efforts are appreciated Gustoon.