NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Rules (2024)

By Gustoon - League Admin
1/08/2024 9:58 am
ANY potential NEW Team owner MUST send a PM with your application or get an automatic rejection.

Everyone who is in this league owns it, it's OUR league and to keep it fun and honest want people to be respectful.
We've seen other leagues where name calling etc has gotton out of hand, and then people leave. Whilst I do want to encourage healthy rivalry can we please keep it clean.

Trades

Keep it fair.

I Have now turned off the trade meter which means any trade can now go through. The reason for this is because sometimes one team in a trade values a player or picks differently to another, player weights can also skew the meter . In short it makes trading easier.
....................................................................................I can reverse a trade trade though.

If anyone has any concerns about a trade please let me know.

Trading with new players to the game, we all made mistakes when we first started , but we don't want to See noobies having the **** taken out of them, specifically trading older players for high draft picks, yes the broken trade meter says it's fair but unless you're making a SB push this type of trade will be scrutinised.

After a lot of thought I'm bringing in a new ruling....

- No team can carry more than 3 x 1st round picks.

My reasoning for this rule is that many people look forward to drafting and if they've had a rough season a high(ish) 1st round pick can go someway to help improve your team, there is noting to stop you trading your rookie #1 pick, so long as you don't go over the 3 x 1st round picks in the same year.
Other reasons are it also helps keep parity within the league and encourages teams to value their picks more and be more cautious with trading. Too many times I've seen owners use up all their valuable draft picks in rebuilds only to then abandon their team and leave it in a mess, this makes teams look unattractive to would be new owners.

So this is what you are allowed to carry entering the draft:
Round 1 - 3 picks only
Round 2 - 3 picks only
Round 3 - 4 picks only
Rounds 4 - 7 unlimited
(If you are over these limits, trades will be reversed to get you under the quota. However if a team has been left by a previous owner in a bad state I will waive these limits for one draft.)

Tanking
I really hope that no one goes 0 - 16 and I think that if anyone does then as a league we'll have to look as to why.
I was in the 7 5 league which is really well run with all the owners contributing and one of the features there is to be active, both in your own team and within the community. If anyone were to tank in there, they would be booted subject to a league discussion.

Players out of position:
Just don’t do it please. There are the obvious ones like WR at RB etc… (see above)
But doing things like playing WR at CB or other lighter faster players that can exploit a heavier player position will get you a ban or a warning and/or ban.

Using Algorithms:
My pet hate. This is a football game , and yes it can be exploited using mathematics and algorithms.

I will be weeding out players that I believe are using formulas to play the game. If you don’t like that and you think it might apply to you then DM me and we can talk about it.

I’m not asking everybody to use 40 offensive plays or 30 defensive plays but mix it up a little bit and try and make the game fair and enjoyable.

There are now less and less players playing on this platform, and I intend to make it as fair and competitive as possible , if you feel that mathematics and algorithms have a place in this game, then I suggest you go and form your own league and recruit your own buddies to do that.

If you have any queries relating to these rules, then please reply to this thread, as maybe others may also have the same query

Thank you for your continued support

Re: Rules (2024)

1/08/2024 10:01 am
I was hoping not to go down this route, but it has been noted that some owners are playing OOP players to gain an advantage. While I accept that the real NFL is largely a passing league it still employs players playing in position.
Also lining up much lighter players on D is also something I want to crack down on.

I'm not going down the minimum weight route, (yet) but just be sensible or this will also come into affect. For anyone not getting what I mean, converting a much smaller player (5' 10" CB into a LB, DT or DE) into a position they have no chance in reaching a realistic weight.

Of course all this can be bypassed with overrides, please don't go that route, this is a game we play for fun and lets keep it that way.

This league has always had a high level of integrity from its owners and I want to keep it that way.
Should you feel that you don't want to adhere to these rules I would appreciate a PM if you wish to leave.

So from next season your depth charts MUST have ....

OFFENSE
RB1, RB2, RB3
FB1
TE1, TE2
RBs, TEs, FBs may also play at WR position.

DEFENSE
RDE/LDE1, RDE/LDE2
DT1, DT2
LB1, LB2, LB3 (MLB, WLB OR SLB)
Secondary, CB, SS and FS interchangeable.

Active kicker & Punter - mandatory.

Thanks everyone.
Last edited at 1/09/2024 9:58 am

By IoanBlood
1/09/2024 3:18 am
Gustoon wrote:
I was hoping not to go down this route, but it has been noted that some owners are playing OOP players to gain an advantage. While I accept that the real NFL is largely a passing league it still employs players playing in position.
Also lining up much lighter players on D is also something I want to crack down on.

I'm not going down the minimum weight route, (yet) but just be sensible or this will also come into affect. For anyone not getting what I mean, converting a much smaller player (5' 10" CB into a LB, DT or DE) into a position they have no chance in reaching a realistic weight.

Of course all this can be bypassed with overrides, please don't go that route, this is a game we play for fun and lets keep it that way.

This league has always had a high level of integrity from its owners and I want to keep it that way.
Should you feel that you don't want to adhere to these rules I would appreciate a PM if you wish to leave.

So from next season your depth charts MUST have ....

OFFENSE
RB1, RB2, RB3
FB1
TE1, TE2
RBs, TEs, FBs may also play at WR position.

DEFENSE
RDE/LDE1, RDE/LDE2
DT1, DT2
LB1, LB2, LB3 (MLB, WLB OR SLB)
Secondary, CB, SS and FS interchangeable.

Thanks everyone.

To have active original K and P should also be mandatory.

1/09/2024 9:57 am
100% , should have said that . Will add that in .

2/13/2024 11:20 am
Well it’s great to see the rushing leaders are all RBs. In fact it’s not until page 2 where the first WR pops up , legitimately as RB4.
Also on Defense, no CBs appear in the sack columns, at least at the top .

All great stuff and good to see how even the league is now.

The better this league is the longer it will exist

Thanks